Free domain claim
How do I get rid of this notice without claiming a domain I don’t want?
Reverse gallery order
Wishing I could click to reverse order.
If I didn’t have wp-admin as fallback, I’d work around this by changing the sort order in my source app (Pixave) and reuploading the gallery. Reuploading is my go to workaround for media bugs and awkward flow, impacting quota.
Appending to link text
Here’s a bug we’ve lived with in WP and Calypso for years. It still frustrates. Appending or prepending text to a link requires moving in from the boundaries and juggling characters.
Calypso editor on iOS
- The reload time after switching to another app and back to the browser is 10 seconds-ish of jerky loading.
- First taps are slow to process. Double taps are often required.
- Tapping plus to add media will focus the editor, put the cursor inside, and then open the modal over the course of a couplefew seconds.
- I tend to wait a couple seconds after tapping anything before tapping again as I might interrupt something.
- Post preview wouldn’t load.
- #scroll-bleed behind the preview modal.
- Cancelling preview takes you back to the editor instead of to actions.
- A draft started with Calypso on iOS didn’t show in Calypso macnchrome until I edited another post. Then the draft showed. I also experience this with drafts started in Ulysses. The provokes data loss #anxiety-flow.
Clicking the pencil icon also selects the image. I expected to edit without selecting.
Links in reader
In the iOS app reader, links within post content open in a pop up that is kind to context. Calypso’s mobile web reader follows these links, requiring browser back nav that sometimes stomps #vscroll.
Video drag-and-drop insertion
A video dropped onto the editor inserted off screen, at the top of the document. I probably scrolled down without clicking into the editor to position the caret. I thought the insert didn’t work since it happened offscreen, so I inserted again after positioning the caret. I saw that I had an extra video at the top when I previewed. I’m used to Ulysses where the caret follows the cursor during drop.
Wishing again that I could search notifications. 🙂